Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Warning...

My plight is a warning to all lovers...
My religion is to be kept alive by Love.
The sword of Love sweeps away the dust from the lover's soul...
For ages, O Adored One, I have been beating my drum of love for You, to the tune of "Lo, my life depends on my dying to my selfishness."
One must rely on the intelligence of the guide.
Either be victorious, or be in search of a victor: either have insight, or be seeking one who has insight.
Without the possession of the key, namely intelligence, this knocking at the door is prompted by self-will and selfishness, not by right motives.
See a whole world ensnared by self-will and by wounds and harmful things, that look like remedies."

Rumi (Vol.6, 4056-4078)

Commentary: To win at this Love, it all comes down to the grace of the guide...otherwise we spend all our time pursuing remedies that aren't remedies.