Sunday, January 17, 2010

That

"That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh into full blown beauty, God said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.
God bestowed on my heart that which touched the cypress tree and made its stature straight, and that of which the narcissus and the wild rose partook.
That which made sweet the heart and soul of the sugar-cane...
That which gave a hundred enchantments to the tongue, and that which gave pure gold to the mine.
I am the lover of that One to whom every 'that' belongs...
How should I steal when God is the keeper of the treasury? How should I not be bold and resolute? God is my support.
Everyone whose back is warmed by the sun, will be resolute: they will have neither dread nor shame.
Every prophet was bold and determined in this world, and fought single-handed against the armies of the kings.
And did not avert his face from any fear or pain, but single and alone, dashed against a whole world.'

Rumi (Vol. 3, 4129-4142)

Commentary: It is quite a promise; someday we will have no fear or hesitancy..we will know that we are protected, supported and loved.